The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Friday, April 27, 2012

Yesterday was Wash Day, but Today, not so much

Yesterday I washed a fabric panel from Brannock & Patek, 1995, I had quilted the panel years ago and used it for a table cloth.  Warm and sunny, there's a big horn sheep in the background.  This morning it's raining and snowing.  The sheep will be more comfortable, they still are trying to shed their winter coats.
Grazing at the bottom of the mountain yesterday where it's cooler.
I do have quilts on the ceiling, remember I had seen a pic from Buggy Barn and they do the same thing.  I did it after Jim decided he was going to scrap off the popcorn ceiling texture.  He did. What a mess. But that was as far as we got and it looked horrid and not having money to redo the ceiling I thought of hanging the quilts.  Now I like looking up and seeing color and fabric and texture in every room.
These are the thimbles I use, lots cheaper than regular quilting thimbles and I can cut the edges to fit over my swollen knuckles.






5 comments:

  1. So interesting to see the quilts on the ceiling. The look is different but different in a good way. I knew a lady who covered her living room walls with quilt tops after water damage from a leaking roof. And no money for repairs. She was so artistic that it fit her style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of hanging them on the ceiling, warms the room up.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric panel. Of course, I love anything by Jan Patek. I scooped up her Patio Pot BOM on Etsy earlier this week for $50.00 and can't stop grinning. I think it's from 2003.... excited!!! Love your ceiling quilts.....I bet it's a double pleasure to lay on the couch at your house! :) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great to see shots of your quilts 'in situ', it shows your lovely home.
    We have rain, rain and more rain at the moment so no hanging washing on the line!!
    Smiles, Angela.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.