The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wash Day, a quilt from Baskets, Berries and Leaves


Working my way to washing the quilts on the ceiling, may not last long, way too hard on my legs, not as strong as they use to be.   A lap quilt that I made using one block from Baskets, Berries & Leaves.  The center is needle turn applique.
Love the fabrics, vintage Brannock & Patek, made it many years ago, but still have a drawer full of fabrics to make the BOM using this colorway.  Pretty sure I blogged about this before.  This mind does tend to repeat.

Just a far away pic, love how the grass is turning green and even the pine trees turned a more vivid green with the early spring.
A pic of the entire quilt, classic prim.

7 comments:

  1. I love how that looks by itself, makes a stunning quilt.
    I spent the day cutting up jeans and cleaning, now i can sit and work on my next lady.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pattern set but no fabrics saved for it. I need to do some stash searching for something to use for the blocks or shop a little.
    Hard to imagine quilts on the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving your quilts hanging on the washing line.
    So nice to see the grass turning green and the fresh foliage on the trees.
    I have a Wisteria in full bloom on the front of my cottage, it smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this pattern before. I like how you pick a block and make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this entire BOM kit too but haven't started on it yet. Can you please give any tips you have
    on washing your quilts? I'm a little skeptical of washing mine.... did you handwash or throw in the washer? I also hand wrote on all my quilting labels and tho I used a permanent marker, I'm a little worried about them.... I guess I should just throw caution to the wind and hand wash them and hang them out and get over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, I machine wash the quilts on the gentle cycle, I don't dry them in the dryer, just because I'm trying to be frugal, if that wasn't a concern, would certainly use the dryer. I use a permanent marker on my labels, I do iron the label afterwards to set the ink, read that somewhere a long time ago and never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt...you could make a postcard collection of all your quilts and call it 'quilts drying on the line', they would make lovely gift cards.
    Congratulations on having your project accepted for the Prim mag.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.