The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Imperial Blooms Progress and the Bear

 I'm making progress on this block from Imperial Blooms.  Now adding the embellishment stitches.  Changed it a bit by adding the stem and the shell looking beads and the center color of the wool.

 Just when I thought he had gone to the higher elevations.  He was back, only for a few minutes so he was a good bear.  Didn't even have to yell at him.  Does he not look like he's praying.  He was so hot, he put both paws in the water pail before he left.
And I failed to mention that the Prim String quilt I posted about earlier was inspired from this vintage quilt.  Pictured here in The Ultimate Quilting Book by Maggie McCormick Gordon.

And yes, those are antlers along the stairs, many more outside, those are white from the sun.  The perfect ones are in the house, all finds from Jim when he use to hike in the woods.  He loved finding those antlers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Jim collected alot of antlers. I can't believe how talented you are.Now that bear would be something to see but personally I like seeing bears in Zoo's. I am a chicken. LOl Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blooms block. Mine are on hold while I try to get caught up on the Bible BOM. I think I bit off more than I can possibly chew this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block. LOVE the string quilt, I need to dig that book out and havea look. I've been wanting to do one for quite a while and have yet to decide if I want a shape of free form.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.