The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quilts, kits, toys for the people of Joplin/One patch at a Time

Thanks to Carole for letting us quilters know about this company that is collecting quilts, kits for quilts and toys for the people of Joplin. Missouri is home to so many quilters and the folks at Ackfeld Manufacturing said they would be thrilled to receive the quilts and kits for quilters as well as toys. They are donating the items thru the local churches who are setting up donations sites. You can mail your items to;
Skip & Peggy Ackfeld
Ackfeld Manufacturing
One Patch at a Time
360 Emerson Road
Reeds Spring, MO 65737

Kelley had the wonderful idea that if you donate a quilting kit, include threads and needles.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posting about Joplin. Some local firemen and others are leaving Wednesday so I'm going to take some things to the drop off site tomorrow. I have so many things I haven't used in years so am labeling the date they were washed so they won't have to re-wash. Also labeling brand-new items. I can't imagine having everything I own destroyed. I cry for all the cross stitchers and quilters. What we make with our hands are part of us - a part that is gone forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.