The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Have you noticed

I tend to blog only on the weekends, I guess life gets away from me during the week and we aren't allowed to use our computers at work for anything but work.
May has seen a quilt peeking out with baskets, made many years ago, is a Linda Brannock pattern called Favorite things, those are elk antlers in the way. It is hand appliqued and machine quilted. Before Jim got sick, he use to hike miles picking up antlers to use for decoration, they are shed during the winter.



All those pictures on the walls are album covers that Jim collects, old Beatles, Pink Floyd, we really went round and round on him taking all my quilting space so you can see on peeking out from the celing. The red and white quilt is from Jim's Grandmother that I hand quilted.

5 comments:

  1. I guess we have more time to blog in the weekends. The basket quilt is beautiful. I intend to make a basket quilt sometimes. Bought Barbara Brackmans book which has a very beautiful basketquilt. But not yet LOL. You are the only one I have seen that have quilts in the roof. But why not. I find it very cosy to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many of us who only seem to blog on weekends. I think life gets in the way during the week. I have enjoyed seeing the images of your home and the quilts that have decorated it. You are very creative to use the ceiling space as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so cozy and inviting. The best ones are the ones that look lived in and enjoyed *s*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looking at your pictures gives me a feeling of 'home'. There's a big difference between houses and home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that basket quilt! It is just simple yet stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.