The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Bird Dance

 
After lots of measuring, pinning and basting,
I finally finished stitching the applique vine on the borders.

 
Yes, the snow is gone.  I'm waiting to see which of my
wildlife made it through their hibernation...Chipmunks,
Golden-mantled Ground Squirrels and the Marmots.

 
All the wool circles cut for the berries.
I just used freezer paper and cut out all the berries by hand.
The circles are only 1" in diameter so I will use regular
 cotton thread to stitch them to the vine. 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Going to look so good when you add the berries, I love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Nancy, I may depart from Sue's design when I get to the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see this colorful quilt in the spring sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely kit. I hope all your local friends made it through the winter!
    Karen in NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely springy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard part over, fun part to come. I hope you like appliqueing circles as much as I do. I can't believe your snow it gone. Half of the 18" we got last Tuesday is gone so I'm not complaining. I hope all your critters will pop up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt, Nancy! Can't wait to see the berries once you have them sewn down. Such pretty colors!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.