The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Primitive Primer and a Collector Series Block

Here's the other lap quilt that I made from Primitive Primer.  It's when I really started too use dark colors, especially black fabrics in my quilts after studying so many of the older Brannock & Patek patterns and quilts.
The log cabin block is finished from the Collector Series.  Very fast block since the cabin is made up of strips and then appliqued.

Resting today after working outside yesterday, lot of property to take care of, but I'm pretty sure someone came during the night and beat my right knee with a baseball bat. 


9 comments:

  1. I still have that angel block that I made when she did a freebie, need to finish it, lol. Love how yours came out, I tend to like the darker shades.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your knee is better...I know what you mean...mine is in my hip. Love your prim blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nancy i love the patterns you do and the fabrics you put together! i know all of a sudden we have big houses and yards to tackle....dont do to much at once stop and quilt! enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girly that working outside is rough on us! But it also feeds the soul :O), so I guess its a good trade off, eh?

    Love the quilt, I do so love the primitive look but I must say I have yet to get the knack of putting it together!But I will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my block pattern pulled out to make this block. Just need time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love that prim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I love black fabrics. I have several big pieces in my stash just waiting to be used in some fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mickaëla11:31 PM

    This house is wonderful, I love !!
    Hope your knee is better ....
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.