The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where I've been

No pics to show since the month has been spent working, resting and trying to get to September 26th for a total hip replacement without losing my mind and body to the pain. I have such empathy for those that live with chronic pain, like my Jim, who is doing his best to bring clarity to his mind and make his body strong to take care of me during my recovery. Even as a nurse, I never realized the strength it takes to face each day knowing the struggle it will take to overcome the pain and loss of ability to complete the simple tasks that use to be so easy, I've been walking in his shoes, and only for a short while and I don't know how he's done it. I have my quilting when I can and creative thoughts to pursue in the future, my circle of internet friends that keep me happy, and so it goes, aother month, a day at a time.

9 comments:

  1. Nancy
    Just sent you an email. I am sorry that you have had to go through this journey but happy to know that surgery is not too far away and praying for complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed viewing your quilts along with the pictures of your beautiful surroundings for some time now. I am glad to see you are back.
    Your surgery will fall on my birthday, I will be thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to know you have a surgery date. I'll be praying that all goes well with the surgery and that your recovery is without any hitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - so sorry you're having to go through all this but I'm sure that the operation will be a real success and you'll be as good as new once it's all over. I'm sending good wishes to you both, you for the op and Jim for the strength to help you recuperate (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly hope your surgery is the best it can be, no complications, just smoothest sailing all the way. Maybe the pain will be better after the surgery...I found that to be the case for me. I am praying for you and your Jim...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not long now. Hang in there and I hope it all goes well! I may be busy and quiet lately, but I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you and Jim. I will be sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying for at this very moment Sept. 26 at 3:58 PM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.