The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Bird Dance

 
This is where I left off on Bird Dance
back in April...
yikes,
has it been that long.

 
I am finally adding the stems and embellishments to
 each berry and there are 96 of them.

 
I decided to use just one embellishment stitch,
the Fly Stitch on each berry.
 
 
The stems are stitched with the Palestrina Knot
using a Razzle embellishment thread.
Razzle threads have a silky hand
and a beautiful natural sheen.
The thread is not always easy to work with,
 but definitely worth the effort.

11 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt, Nancy. I love the stems and berries on the borders. I can imagine what a lot of work and time to create such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Nancy, absolutely wonderful!
    The type of work that makes me stand still so my eye takes in every inch. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why it has taken so long, that is a lot of stitching and you are doing a beautiful job on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this quilt, your stitches are super

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love this quilt. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is just beautiful! I can't wait to see it when it's finished although I think it looks simply gorgeous right now as it is. You've inspired me to get off my duff and turn on the light in my sewing room and start working on one of my many UFOs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, sweet and cheerful. Beautiful stitches, with a beautiful result. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Bird Damce looks amazing you shame me I've not touched mine in months, Havr a Happy Thanksgiving and be thankful for all you have and have had in the past and will have in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to see your's. Beautiful!!!!!!!!
    Tine from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful quilt! so much work in all those stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beatiful your quilt!!
    Saludos of Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.