The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Friday, June 23, 2017

The Primitive Strip Quilt

 
I started this primitive strip quilt
way back in April of 2015.
Lots of strips made with mostly
vintage Brannock and Patek fabrics.


 I machine quilted it this past week...not an easy task
as it's quite large and bulky.
I just machine quilted in the ditch around each panel
and a few strips if the panel was large.
 

 
My quilt is based on a 1930 African American quilt from
the book Ultimate Quilting Book by
Maggie McCormick Gordon.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful 😍 Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I loooooove this one! Well done, I just adore quilts with many, many fabrics, scrappy ones are always my favorite as are strip quilts. Great inspiration, that is a wonderful book. Congratulations with this wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! I love African American quilts. Have you checked out Gees Bend Quilts and their stories?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this quilt! So spirited and fun looking. You made an amazing interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great way to use up scraps as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.