The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Friday, February 17, 2017

Bull Elk

 
Views from my living room window...


A handsome and healthy herd of Bull Elk.

 
 I usually only see herds of females moving
through the property so this was a thrill.
 

This was a few weeks back after the last snow storm.

 



 
I so love their markings...



 

 

 
Some of these Bulls are carrying 40 lbs.
of antlers on their head while trying to
 make it through such a harsh winter.
 
 
The area has had a warming trend so the snow has been melting
making it easier for the wildlife to find food.

 
The end!

6 comments:

  1. They are magnificent creatures.
    I honestly enjoy your photos so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Amazingly gorgeous....appreciate the share Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. Great pictures, it really shows how impressive they are. Glad to read the temperatures are getting a bit milder, making it easier for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last photo and comment, perfect! Great pictures Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely magnificent, Nancy! Such a treat to enjoy your beautiful wildlife photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've finally (!) had an opportunity to go through my emails and I have to tell you that your wildlife pictures have been absolutely amazing and I'm sorry I am just now having a chance to comment. I especially loved the mountain lion picture outside your kitchen window - My Gosh is all I can say! We've been battling incredible amounts of snow and flooding in our neck of the woods since December and this winter has been just crazy. One of our mule deer was killed and Fish & Game weren't sure if it was a pack of coyotes or a mountain lion. It was awful. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Spring. Your quilting has also been just wonderful and I love your Sue Spargo birds! Thanks for your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.