The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, November 24, 2014

The Emily Munroe Quilt...Progress

 
Two more wool blocks completed for my Emily Munroe quilt.

 
These are the last two blocks in this row that use such vivid reds. The next two blocks use more pink and salmon shades for the wool flowers.



A photo of the entire quilt courtesy of the New England Quilt Museum.  I've been taken with the block of the horses and tree in the third row so I started that last night.  Fun block with all the yarn couching for the tree branches.  The black horses are stitched with crude contrasting wool stitches to make them primitive.  I will show them on another post.

I love that rabbit photo too from the last post.  Won't tell you how long I had to stand out there to capture that one shot and how very, very cold it was.  Thanks for the comments.


8 comments:

  1. That is going to be such a gorgeous quilt, really love those designs and something I can think about doing in the future.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work on this quilt Nancy. I always look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I like the 2nd. block best of these too!
    Hope to see the horse block when you're done.
    I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this quilt. Nancy, looking at your work for the past year or so makes really makes me wish I could get over my applique phobia. Maybe I could try one block....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work as always Nancy... Can't wait to see the horses next. Take good care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh,nancy,how nice your blocks are, i am waiting to se your horse block,happystitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be such a gorgeous quilt, very special, love to see your horse block. I can imagine that taking those animal pictures involves a lot of waiting, a lot of patience. We only see the finished product, which is always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.