The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Six Cats in My Garden


I've been thinking about Linda Brannock and wishing her well and continued good health after a recent hospital stay.  Looking back through some of her books, I decided I wanted to make her Six Cats in My Garden.  A quilt I can relate to considering all the cats that I have had over the years.  I think eight cats were the most that Jim and I had at one time. 
 

 
The quilt is from Miss Jump's Memories.

 
The applique pieces are large, almost 26" across so the applique is easy and simple to accomplish.  I'm using the needle turn applique method and lots of older Brannock and Patek fabrics.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Linda has had health issues. I hope she enjoys a full & speedy recovery. I have always loved her work and cherish the time I spent with her at the Primitive Gatherings retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how yours comes out, I messed up my placement but still love it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her work too, sorry she has been ill. Looks like an interesting project..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ahve thought about making the six cats quilt more than once but never did anything towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a wonderful "stash" of treasures to choose from! A nice way to honor a friend you are thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be such a fun quilt, with these big, big cats! I did not know this book, is it an older one? Sorry to hear about Linda Brannock's health problems, I wish her a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any idea where I could buy Miss Jump's Memories? I really want to make the 6 cats in my garden quilt - love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.