The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Emily Munroe Quilt

 
I finished the first block on row two of the Emily Munroe quilt.  I sized all the blocks to 10" in row one and basted them together with a 1/2" sewing seam.
 
 
Close-ups so maybe you can see the stitching and couching threads.
 
   I've been hand-quilting the Pokeberry Quilt after spending a day crawling on the floor to pin baste it, hard on my leg because I'm working on a plywood floor in my sewing room, got it done though, stitching on my Sue Spargo BOM,  bought the perfect vintage Brannock and Patek pumpkin plaid fabric for the backing for my Baskets, Berries and Leaves, can't believe I came across it on Ebay, cringe at the thought of basting that quilt, finished a quilt for a mag, had the first snow of the season a few days ago that started the have to get ready for Winter and taking wildlife photos. 

12 comments:

  1. Those really look beautiful together and a fun project to work on, a bit at a time. I tend to crawl around myself and it is a pain getting back up, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauty in your work and your nature all around you, hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear nancy,that looks great,i love your green background fabrics,have a nice week,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely blocks and go so well with the surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, nice. I just saw a finished one on a blog in the last day or two and was wondering if yours was progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily is looking good....really, GOOD!
    Love your wildlife pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each time you post these blocks, I am in awe. They are so striking. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely! First snow! yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blocks are just lovely! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning work, I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so beautiful!
    It sounds like you have been very productive!
    Hope to see more of your work as you go along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been busy! I love looking at your work, so very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.