The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Penny Saved Republished

 
A Penny Saved from the 2007 issue of the Fons and Porter magazine.  They are republishing it in one of their latest books.
 
 
I used the needle turn applique method on all the applique.  They use fusible instructions for their construction of the quilt.  It's not an easy quilt to make with the background one large piece, but if you work from the center out it's easier than you think. 
                              
 
Lots and lots of circles, 270 and if I recall, I didn't duplicate any of the circle fabrics since it was originally for a challenge to use as many different Moda fabrics in the quilt as possible.
 
 
Here's the book, haven't received my copy so I can't say what other quilts are included.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, I love this quilt, thanks for sharing that it has been republished. Thanks also for your recent posts with such beautiful wildlife photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! Lots of work but the end result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt.I hope they pay you for using your quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of doing a penny or circle quilt and I do have a similar one in minick's book, another on the to do list.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt!! I think using one background piece is easy, but I have large hands :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep a look out for the book,have always liked your quilt. ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saved this pattern from the first time it was published and even have the background fabric set aside. Maybe it's time to dust it off and start it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful.
    The humble penny in grand form !
    I can see why it is being republished.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to make one of these quilts ages ago but the idea of doing all the circles on one big piece of fabric was what made me think twice about it. I still love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilt, and all the pennies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.