The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Yearling

 
She scared me.  I haven't seen her for weeks or her Mom.

 
I found the carcass of a deer in the lower meadow, but it looked to be a Mule Deer.  I wasn't sure.

 
They showed up the other day.  I shouldn't get so emotionally involved, but I was relieved to see them. 

 
Very relieved.

 
The doe should be giving birth soon.  I would love to capture pictures of her fawn.
 
Thanks so much for the comments on the Bison taking a dirt bath.  I'm glad you enjoy the pictures.  I went to town today and into the Park, but there were very few Bison.  The wildlife folks were on the road on horseback hazing a few of the Bison back into the Park, but it was slow driving and I couldn't stop to take any pictures.

10 comments:

  1. She is so pretty and I like how it looks like she has eyebrows.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I never get tired of the pictures!!! It just amazes me that you live where you do and have access to all that wonderful wildlife. I also understand the attachment to them. I have a soft spot in my heart for all of the animals and try and do my part helping feed them. The birds, hummingbirds, stray cats, possums and even a raccoon show up in my yard every day looking for their handout and I gladly oblige. I asked my husband one day if he minded working just to bring home a paycheck to feed the animals and he just grinned at me. He loves them too. Hope you have a great weekend Nancy. And yes, keep those pictures coming. Look forward to seeing the new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad they are back! I'm the same way about my deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh.. glad its all good! Deer have the softest eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy they are still around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be the same, I am actually looking out for particular rabbit in our neighbourhood right now, don't think he/she survived our extremely mild winter, haven't seen him/her for a few months now. He/she is white with black spots, probably escaped from a cage in our neighbourhood (the wild rabbits are grey/brown) and survived a few very severe winters, much to my surprise.....
    Love your pictures again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very glad the little yearling came back. She has such a sweet, sweet face!! I'll keep my fingers crossed you're able to get a picture of the baby fawn when she/he is born.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that second picture got everything in its beauty Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you not get involved? I also know my "neighbors" and worry when they don't come around or change their routine. What a blessing to live in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.