The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Spirit and the Eagle

Some of you noticed that I changed my header.  I have shown it before, but never in the snow which shows it off better.  It's called Winter Spirit by Jan Patek and is all cotton and needle turn applique.  I received it as a pattern when Jan use to have her newsletter.  Winter Spirit was the fabric line by Brannock and Patek for the quilt.
A few more details on the Bald Eagle.  I'm not educated enough to tell if it's a female or male, although the female is actually slightly bigger than a male.
I cropped the picture so you could see the eagle's beak and the white feathers underneath, tinged with blood from feeding on a dead deer.  Check out those talons.  The eagle was patiently waiting it's turn to feed.

Thanks so much for all the comments.  It's like an element of serendipity to have the chance to capture the beauty of a wild creature.  I never fail to appreciate that opportunity or the joy of the moment.  It's my pleasure to be able to share these moments with you.

12 comments:

  1. Nancy how beautiful!!!!!I showed a friend your blog when she was visiting and she loved your wildlife pictures,Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header picture is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is gorgeous. Every time I see what you've made, it makes me want to go start one too. :) I can never get enough of the wildlife---and that Eagle is one regal fella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, I love the picture of the eagle. I was blessed to see several in the wild in Alaska a few years ago, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the quilt looks, draped on the fence, I need to try shots like that.
    Working on a winter piece, took me hours just to cut out the shapes, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. And we love to see the pictures of wildlife you share with us, it makes your blog so different. You live in such a special place, very few of us will ever have the opportunity to see these things in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt but then again, I love all quilts.....Nancy, so happy you share your wonderful wildlife pictures with us, can never get enough......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your quilt and what a great display.
    You are very lucky to have such a vision around you watching the eagle would even be better than watching the television

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed the change in the header, it is lovely, I love the colors. The eagle is amazing, I can't think of another word, it just is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful setting for your quilt. By Friday we are due to have 39c weather, it's hard to believe you have so much snow. Such an amazing shot of the eagle, as Phyllis said many of us don't get to see such wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A quilt in the snow, it's beautiful!!
    Happy New Year.
    Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:37 AM

    Your new "header quilt" absolutely blew me away! It is just spectacular! By any chance, would you know if the pattern still available? Also, I have only done one cotton applique so far, although I've done several wool pieces. Is this too advanced? Thank you.

    JoAnne
    mjkonkel@tds.net

    P.S. My husband and I have been following your blog for quite some time and really enjoy the outdoor photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.