The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zipper Purse finally, finally Finished

I'm not one to make something for someone when they say they want any black wool purse, do whatever, or have someone say will you make this quilt for me, show me a picture and inside I'm saying "are you serious" and by when. That was last year and now I have completed my one and only obligation and if she likes it, okay, if not, will sell it else where, don't make me explain about the zippers. (Don't look at the cat hairs either) I ended up adding more thread embellishment with a buttonhole stitch on top of the trim and the strap to give the black some contrast and just a meanering straight, overall stitch to the purse, all with wool thread.




Thank you for the comments, a sadness swept over me yesterday, watching the birds from the door and I saw a Lazuli Bunting for the first time this spring, and I whispered, Jim, we have a Lazuli Bunting, a slip of the tongue, something I would have said to him many times over, and such a small thing to bring such sadness.

Well, blogger won't let me upload the front with the zippers, so just picture zippers.

4 comments:

  1. Your purse looks wonderful. I love the design on this side. Hoping you can add the zip side later. I'll have to google to see what the birds look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purse is great. The birds sound so exotic! I am sure Jim heard your whisper and would be so proud of you.
    Lots of hugs,Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is so cute! Hang in there, wish I could come give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your purse and love your creativity! Maybe the sight of that little bird was Jim whispering to you ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.