The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, January 08, 2011

A Folk Art Quilt & a Mule Deer Buck





On their blog, Temecula Quilt Co is posting free template applique pieces to make a wonderful folk art quilt based on an antique one, their link is to the left. I have a picture of one like it in Kaffe Fassett's Museum Quilts, just a great quilt to make with your own version of animals, people, big and small that mean something to you.

And then of course some wildlife, a big Buck, mule deer is still here as another snow storm blows in.

Haven't done any stitching all week, the clinic has been so busy, getting home very late. Maybe I will able to finish at least the Auntie Bean block today.

2 comments:

  1. What a magnificent buck, Nancy. I don't see how people can bear to shoot at them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version will need to include some deer! I am fascinated with this lovely quilt and the version on the Temecula blog is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.