The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Inspiration from Square Roots


Finished by block of bee skeps from the Collector Series, would have taken a pic, but it looks the same before I appliqued it using the needle turn method, and will put that aside for awhile, projects for Christmas to do, even if not quite in that mood yet. So I stared at the Square Roots mat picture for a very long time, thinking of how to make it into a purse that would hold up to the wear and tear of a purse and be different but the same in the way the wool is used. A pic of my progress so far. Will sew the edges of the wool down and still use perle or wool thread for embellishment down the middle. Will make the big square into a pocket. Will keep weaving before I sew it all down. And then something like it to the other side.

Would you believe a doc at work has asked me to make an Irish purse, what is an irish purse, those celtic things on it. And green. This one will be tough.

5 comments:

  1. love the pieces of wool your using and on the black it really pops
    how fun would this be to make coasters like this?
    inspiring Nancy!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pinked edges on the wool strips. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this weaving!! I can't wait to see it all stitched...keep us posted!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these pinked edges too. Good luck with the Irish purse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks wonderful Nancy...do you need some green wool for that Irish purse??? I can send you a little package of all sorts of greens...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.