The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, October 18, 2010

Wool Sweaters & Wool Hats



Karen, you can make a purse or tote out of a sweater if it's all wool and doesn't shrink a lot, just wash and felt, and hope for the best, this one was from a nursing friend and wanted a purse to match her hat I made her. You have to use a stabilizer, thanks Pat Sloan for telling me that to keep the wool from stretching especially when you have a lot of applique or just tend to carry lots in your purse. I'll use flannel in the inside to give it a little more strength, I don't use patterns so I kinda go with what I like as I sew and what the person whats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.