The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sue Spargo's Folklore

Top is finished! I've decided not add the additional wool border, Sue sent a wonderful blue and brown polk-a-dot fabric for the binding and I think that will suit it just fine. My favorite fabric block is the giraffe with his yarn, twisty tail. I can see him in a baby quilt. All those dots in the background of him are wool whole punches stitched on my hand, well, everything is done by hand, my favorite form of slow quilting.

5 comments:

  1. Nancy - this is beautiful - and look so effective against your wintery backdrop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Wow, that is a beautifully done quilt Nancy, now what will you work on that you are done that with one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed beautiful. I am glad you didn't add the border. I think the quilt speaks for itself just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Sue Spargo project. A friend of mine is working on it but not as far along as this. The houses at the bottom are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful, what a lively quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.