The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Yellowstone in the Winter

Wanted to show you all some pictures of what Yellowstone looks like in the winter, brutal weather for both the wildlife and the tourists, it was 30 below when we were there. The first pic if of the falls that actually freeze over during the winter, I think Lucy showed what it looked like in the summer.



The second pic is of the historic Mammouth Hotel where we stayed, no TV or telephones.











Here's me in my younger days, I was freezing.




Bison trying to make their way thru the snow.

8 comments:

  1. It be brutal, but it sure looks beautiful. I will live viciously through your photos for the winter, but hope to see it person during warmer weather someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might (probably lol) sound dumb but real bison? I thought they were extinct? LOL I learn SO MUCH from blogs! xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks cold but beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these pictures! I showed them just to my son. He never thought that a waterfal can be frozen!! I can see that it was a great experience for you to see this. And the buffalos are so tough in the snow.... Impressive !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. I know from where we live, the coldest days are the most beautiful, because the sun is shining and there are no clouds to hold in the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of snow! I jsut bet you were cold. You seem much hardier now LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are awesome. But they do look a bit cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... Wow ... wow.... did I say wow already... so much snow and such wonderful wild life where you live!!! How wonderful!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.