The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Folk-Tails

 
I'm so happy to be able to share my Folk-Tails with you.
This was Sue Spargo's 2015 BOM.
The book and kit are now available on her website.
 
 
It was such a stitching journey.


Each stitch told a story about African folklore.
 

 
Each block represented Sue's love of Africa.
 


Each block represents the animals of Africa.


'What simple, but powerful messages are contained within
the stories of African animals...
 

 
all our human emotions, rules for morality and values for community.'

 
As Sue wrote..
let us make meaning with our stitches.
 
The quilt is wool applique on a background of wool with extensive embellishments.
Specialty threads and velvet applique were added to complete this joyful quilt.
I've never enjoyed stitching so much.
 
A huge thank you to the generous person who anonymously donated
the gift card to me so I could participate. 


16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Nancy! How joyful! I can see why you enjoyed stitching this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear nancy,how beautiful,and well done,congratulations to you and the designer sue spargo,i think it is one of her most beautiful quilts,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Nancy, what a masterpiece!!! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is just stunning! I have been following Sue's little teases on Instagram. I was so excited to hear that it is on her website now. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful. I love the quilt, I love all the colors, all the animals. And such a wonderful gift, you certainly made the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! And what a gorgeous pattern. Thanks for sharing this, Nancy, it's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so beautiful. You did a great job. Nancy P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what fun! I can just imagine how enjoyable it was to stitch. It is sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just STUNNING!!! All I can say is 'Wow'. Wonderful, wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful quilt. Her quilts are challenging and a learning experience. Yours is wonderful. I am happy you have this to add to your Sue Sargo collection. ❣💕❣

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,
    Love the colors and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful quilt ! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having being fortunate to spend a month in Kenya I appreciate the honour that Sue did of representing these majestic animals and continent. I look forward to seeing a friend's version when we next meet.

    Congratulations on your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your quilt is beautiful and you did it quickly, it seems. Great job. Hope all your animal friends are doing well. Enjoy your quilts and photography.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.