The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Quilting....

 
Here's my hand quilting progress on Baskets, Berries and Leaves.

 
A minimum of very prim quilting, mostly outlining the applique.

 
This way I may be able to finish it soon and use it for a summer quilt this year.

 
This is the quilt that broke my leg a few years ago. 
The quilt is so large that I had to get up on a ladder
 to pin the two border sections together to make
 sure they lined up right, lost my balance,
fell and fractured my femur. 
I did get those borders lined up though.
Thanks for the comments on Jim, very much appreciated.
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love this quilt! You said it will be a summer quilt. What type of batting did you use? The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What rich colors and textures. And the quilting is perfect! I hope you enjoy many restful nights sleeping under this quilt by summer.
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my very favourites of all your quilts ~ beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking so good, Nancy. I don't know that I will ever get around to making a version of it but have had the pattern for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please a close up of stitches. Very interested in this type of quilting. Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome quilt. Love your colors and would also love a close up of the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful. I love that pin-stripe background fabric. Borders looks great - hope your leg is all healed up and strong again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! The up close photos really show the beauty of this quilt - Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a warm and inviting quilt. Your "minimal" quilting is perfect for this design. It will make a perfect summer quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A quilt with a story! Stay safe while quiting this beauty ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that quilt, and love the fabrics you used, that is going to look stunning on the bed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize you had broken your leg by falling off a ladder. All I could think about was who came and rescued you? I absolutely love this quilt and the pattern. I made one a few years ago (it isn't quilted yet) and would love to make another one. I'm glad I didn't know about you leg until you were already healed but now whenever I see this quilt it will remind me of your mishap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.