The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, February 29, 2016

The Prim Strip Quilt

 
 Well the last time I struggled this much with hanging a heavy quilt,
I fell off a ladder and fractured my femur. 
So I left it as is with the fabric being pulled by the gusty winds
and the weight and size of the quilt.
 
 
Pondering on how to secure the backing since this was a quilt as you go.
May tie it or just quilt around each section.


 In case you missed it, this is the 1930 African American quilt that inspired me. 
The Ultimate Quilting Book by Maggie McCormick Gordon.

5 comments:

  1. Sensational. So glad you didn't hurt yourself while hanging it! I would be curious to see the back, just a small close up will do, no need to hang it! I am wondering how you finished the quilt as you go method. I do a lot of potholder quilting whereby each block is finished completely with a binding of some sort and then stitched together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is another beauty Nancy. To my eye it looks like it is in perpetual motion and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this quilt and can't wait to see how you quilt it. Can imagine it with prim hand stitching, though it will take awhile.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely, love the movement in the quilt and the colors! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great string quilt and I love this photo stage. OMG I can't believe you broke your leg photographing a quilt - wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.