The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Progress...The Emily Munroe Quilt



 
More blocks completed for the Civil War quilt. There are so many creative details in each block.  The couching of the yarns around the flowers really accents the designs. How creative for Emily to use this technique so many years ago.  I just learned couching specialty threads from Sue Spargo a few years ago.

 
Another detail that was pointed out to me was that when Emily ran out of one wool color, she started with a new color as in the blues which you don't seen in the backgrounds until the third row.  You first see blue flowers in the sixth block.

 
I couldn't get upstairs to my sewing room because of my fractured femur to cut wool when I bought the pattern last year. The shop had all the wool backgrounds cut to correspond as closely as possible to the original, huge benefit for me to be able to get started.  I couldn't be more pleased with the wools and the patterns.
  

9 comments:

  1. It is really coming along beautifully. I like some elements so maybe some day I will take from the original and make something new and smaller.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its going to be super, very pretty blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a heirloom quilt!!! Gorgeous!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are stunning Nancy; thank you for sharing. The blue is probably another example of "make do". I am so inspired by their creativity with simple elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful project, I did not know about this quilt found out through your blog. You must really enjoy making this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous quilt. Your blocks are so beautiful. A real heirloom quilt if ever there was one. It must be a joy to work on.....x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are wonderful!
    love all the details on your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm so tempted to begin one of these quilts....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love those blocks, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.