I finished the quilting and stitched the binding on the other day. All the quilting was done on my Bernina and I'm very pleased with the quilting. I used free motion on the blocks and an outline stitch around the scallops in the border. I used a walking foot for the outline stitches so the wool wouldn't stretch. I didn't mark the wool, just visualized the same amount of distance as I worked the stitches.
One day this past week without rain or snow, not that I'm complaining, always need the moisture, to take some photos of the quilt outside.
Lots and lots of embellishments, beading and creative stitches.
The applique consists of cotton fabrics, wool and velvet. Sue Spargo has the Imperial Blooms book for sale on her website to make this quilt.
Thanks so much for the compliments on the little ground squirrel. She's a female and looks to have had babies, no sign of them yet.