The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, October 31, 2013

A few Squares, some Circles and some Stars

A picture of my quilt, Montana Stars that is in the Winter issue of the Primitive Quilt magazine before it was quilted, must have been late winter of this year.  I must have been cold and in a hurry because it's hanging upside down in that I wanted the darkest red section of the border to be at the bottom.  You would think I would have taken a picture of the quilted version, but obviously not. 

From the mag.  All the squares, circles and stars are needle turn applique.
I machine quilted in the ditch, free motion in the border, and then went back and hand quilted around all the applique.

Sidney waking up and wondering where is everybody, I had been sitting under the light stitching with Bailey in my lap. 



12 comments:

  1. I bought the magazine and it is a beautiful quilt Nancy! Hope you are getting around better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start some new projects, tonight I got the last hexies in, so now I just need to cut and figure out, bind or ruffle edge. I usually hand quilt, then machine, need to look at the quilting on yours again, that is something I need to get better at with prim quilts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so beautiful, I love your work.
    that looks like a wonderful place for your sleepy head to be beside you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quilt Nancy -- comforting. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the publication.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this quilt are so warm colourful. I love it. Very nice that she stay in the magazine. Congratulations Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt. Plus your room looks so inviting with all the quilts around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great quilt! Too funny you hung it upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just drooling all over this pattern in the magazine yesterday---I love synchronicity (and I love this quilt). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also meant to tell you that I fell head over heels in love with your mourning quilt that has the pocket with bird feathers in it and the limb for hanging it. I have a huge thing for feathers---what a fabulous way to 'store' them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is lovely ! (as always.)
    Congratulations on the magazine feature... so fun. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful quilt and lovely pictures! Congratulations with the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started this quilt today!! Always being a day late and a dollar short..thats me. Actually this is the first quilt ive made from any of the Primitive Quilts mags. I loved the stars, circles and that I could die cut my applique paper for needle turn. This is ironic but going through all my magazines today I found another I wanted to make. I scrappy strip quilt with this ginormous flower on it. Then I saw the stars quilt. Went back and then noticed both patterns are yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.