The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Baskets, Berries and Leaves, Blk 3 and Critters


I completed block three from the Baskets, Berries and Leaves BOM.  The background is a brushed cotton, a pumpkin colored check from the Moda Basic Woven line.  The sun is making that background look a bit lighter than it is.  I was too impatient to wait for the sun to drop behind the mountain.  I was wanting to try a hike before I got too tired. 

The big horns, grazing and feeling good after a very long winter.  The red collar looks even bigger on the ewe as she sheds her winter coat.  I guess she doesn't mind the collar, but it still looks like they used part of an old Folgers coffee can.

Thanks so much for all the compliments on my wool mat in the Primitive Magazine.

13 comments:

  1. wonderful blocks!
    I agree, folgers! grin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are looking great Nancy. Love the house.
    Hope you enjoyed your hike.
    Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are lovely. Would love to go on a hike in your area, it looks so beautiful. But that red collar looks so out of place....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block. Those 3 look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Nancy, love the blocks, great work.......I agree, red Folgers can, :) Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rolling right along on those applique blocks. I am enjoying the ride viewing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely love these and I think it is because of the fabrics you are using. I have the bible quilt that Kelley sent me, that will be a fun block quilt to make and enjoy.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blocks Nancy, and your piece in Primitive Quilts. Spring really is a wonderful time to watch animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely, lovely, lovely! You have always had a way with your fabric choices!
    Was so excited to see your project in Primitive Quilts this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three blocks are gorgeous, Nancy---and those critters are so fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful , always!!
    I would like to make a hike with in your beautiful mountain....
    Kisses and hugs from France, Mickaëla.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful blocks - I hope you had a great hike.
    Love all your wildlife photos. Amazing they tolerate a big collar but I guess they have little choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.