The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Collector Series and Wildlife

It's very hot still, like the rest of our country, trying not to look at every cloud in the sky as a puff of smoke, so I've been appliqueing another block from the Collector Series, think I only have three to go.  I doubt that I will put all the blocks together any time soon since I have the blocks pinned on the walls all over the house.  Actually found a duplicate because I pinned one in the laundry room and forgot I had made it.  Glad it was one of the more simple designs.  Instead there are two large prim quilts waiting that I really want to machine quilt, soon.

The female pronghorn, you can see her eyelashes.  I'm trying out a new lens that a friend loaned me.  Try it, see if you like it.  See if you can use it.  I see her eyelashes and I'm far away, up above on the drive looking down to the lower meadow. 

Yes, I like the lens, I also like having a washing machine and it's down to one cycle, but then that other voice says, who needs more than one cycle, you could go years with one cycle, true and I would miss all those pictures that need to be taken more than a washing machine.  Just me and that voice, thinking.


6 comments:

  1. Nice photo and good close up, no blur or contrasty colors, so I would say it is a nice lens to use and much better than a washing machine, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I have the blogs on my IPad I can stretch the pictures out and see all of her eyelashes. The photos are looking wonderful, so are your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those photos are good! Sweet looking pronghorn :-)
    I like the blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cabin, that is an amazing photo! Go for the lens! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a washing machine with at least four cycles and one is all i ever use....nature and creativity all the way.....enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Nancy, I would like those eyelashes.
    I didn't realise that you could use more than one programme on the washing machine..........
    Hope the weather cools a little, we have been seeing the devastation caused by the weather in the US on our news here in England... looks awful.
    Have a fun week. Hugs, Angela.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.