The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Tears

Today I was finally able to go out and run some errands, the snow and weather has been horrid.
Went to the postoffice and lots of mail, that happens when you only go once a week.

I had written Linda Brannock about a cross quilt that she had on her blog, I wanted to make one like it with fabric from Jim's shirts. She emailed me right back. For some reason, I thought she was going to send

me the instructions since it was never published in one of her books. I opened up the package from her and there was the actual quilt for me to use for inspiration. I'm holding a Linda Brannock quilt in my hands, it's beyond precious. Couldn't stop crying. It will be hard to send it back, but she said, take your time, no hurry in returning it.

And then the nicest card and a Layer Cake of her Miss Jump's Scap Bag. I am so touched.

My next package was from one of my quilting friends from my online group. A card that me cry again before I even saw what was inside the package, lots of goodies and then the most special framed piece, tiny yo yo's with a needle and thread on top, a real treasure of stitching and art. More happy tears. I'm touched again as I have been with all the words of sympathy.

For some reason, I can't upload the little framed quilt. Will try again later.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful piece from Linda, something you will treasure.
    I can't wait to see the framed piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a compliment to your giving nature...the cross quilt is truly heavenly, enjoy the inspiration....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet, thoughtful friends! Great idea to use Jim's shirts ~ a real 'memory' quilt! You still have snow ~ Spring is out there, somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thought that was of Linda's. Someday tell us about it, the one with crosses. Do hers represent anyone or thing in particular? It is interesting. Glad you felt like getting out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je trouve l'idée du quilt avec les chemises de Jim très touchante.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tears in my eyes. What a precious, caring thing for Linda to do for you. I'm glad you'll find a use for the shirts Jim wore. This will be a very personal quilt for you.
    Sorry about your bad weather. We've missed most of it in my part of NE Iowa.
    Thank you for continuing to post so we know how you're doing. Prayers continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilters are very special people and Linda's wonderful display of that trait just goes to prove it. You are sure to find inspiration as you work on your own very special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing all these bits of love you have received. We are all blessed by it. Linda's quilt is an intimate touch that I'm glad you get to hold in your hands. The idea is one we can all keep for when we need it too.
    Such sweet items to receive and let you know that you are being held close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:18 AM

    What a beautiful idea for a memory quilt... I did one with my father's shirts and it was such a feeling of accomplishment when I finished and had something concrete in my hands, and my mom cherishes it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quilt.. what a wonderful idea... what a wonderful person Linda is to send the quilt...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.