The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, October 25, 2010

Just some new arrivals today





Glad I made a run to the postoffice, waiting for me were two sets of cotton and wool threads I had ordered, was becoming too expensive to hunt out one spool at a time and they just happened to have two books from Sue Spargo that I don't have. And a freebie, So Scrappy magazine that has Kathie Holland's quilt on the front, gorgeous.

And then finally the outside of the sweater purse is finished, the front and then the back is a big flower on the pocket. Can't do wool for awhile, my fingers are a mess, have to go back to work anyway so that will be my break, so back to my needle turn, the next block of the Collector's series.

3 comments:

  1. The thread sets look wonderful. Who did you order them from? I have purchased individual spools from Sue Spargo and gotten some with her kits but have never seen them sold as sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece you are working on! We have gorgeous wool at the shoppe, and yet I cannot bring myself to work with it. I'm just not comfortable yet. Still looking for a book that will explain it all to me.

    What a gorgeous thread collection. I think I can honestly say that not only do I collect fabrics, but thread too! lol Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purse you are working on is just wonderful, Nancy. The recipient is going to be thrilled when she gets it. Just love the purses and hats that you are making. Looks like you scored at the post office - lots of neat stuff and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.