The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Friday, October 08, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me






Today was that big 60 birthday. Not to stressed about it, since it only gets me closer to retirement and with all the past operations, I feel much younger and my state of mind is always slightly warped with my sense of humor in order to keep sane with the life I lead.

So I get to work, know something is up, go to the time clock and realize everyone is dressed in black, we're nurses, it is blue jean day, but all black. Who died. Then I see my picture plastered everywhere, and I mean everywhere, saying I'm 60, I get to my little cubby hole where I work and as you can see is decorated in black and lots of gifts, we usually don't give gifts, usually have a lunch with all of us together so I was especially touched by every one's generosity. I received some especially special gifts of charms for my purse that everyone seems to be crazy about, the nurses and even a doc wanted me to include something from them to remember them by, like one of us is going somewhere. My provider I worked with gave me her Grandmothers stick pin that has a locket on it and so I grabbed a pair of scissors and clipped a locket of her hair as she was screaming to put in the locket. Such a fun day. Those days don't come often enough. Very special people I work with.

10 comments:

  1. The walking stick is priceless and the wine glass. Lovely to have a bit of fun.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!
    Hope this is a year filled with reasons to laugh often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Nancy! You're a special person to those you work with and those of us who know you through the blog world. Susan in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Happy Birthday! What a fun, fun day for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Nancy! Age is just a number - so happy you had a fun day with lots of laughter and great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day for your birthday and with your friends.
    I am glad you had a wonderful day, you deserve it, after this year;)

    Happy Birthday!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. Spoil yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! It is clear that they really love you there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh happy birthday Nancy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.