The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, September 25, 2006

Walnut Ink Crystals


Libby asked about using the walnut ink crystals. I also have tried tea and coffee for a more aged or darker look, but the walnut really makes a change in the darkness of the fabric. It doesn't smell, but it will wash out if not heat set. Some people actually put their fabric in the oven at a low setting, but I would think just drying it in the dryer would be fine and be so much safer. You just mix up 1/2 teaspoon to a cup of warm water and then apply, I use a paint brush. You can save the mixture or add more crystals for a darker color. There are several online shops that sell it, $6.00 for a jar which goes a long way, I bought mine on Ebay. I know htt://countrystitchesonline.com/ carries it, under supplies, second page, I also used it on this needlepunch.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the info -- time to shop *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy - you are so bad.... I love taht punchneedle and now I"m going to want to walnut dye all my stuff - but I"m also too chicken to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.