The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Passions



I have two passions, quilting of course and photography, especially wildlife.

The first pic is of a quilt called Stars, Stars, Stars, hand appliqued and then machine quilted by a friend of Jan Patek, this was in Jan's Porch Swing book, wanting to make one in wool. I have gone crazy for wool except the expense of wool is stopping me at the moment.

The second pic is of our special cat Sidney and her deer friend, he is a wild white tail buck who came around for several years and became very attached to Sidney. I have some wonderful, one of kind pictures of this special relationship, don't want to tell you he was shot by a hunter, breaks my heart and soul.

6 comments:

  1. What a precious picture of Sidney and her deer friend! Both magnificent animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture. It's incredible, if deer and cats can get along, should we be able to? We humans have a lot more in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great moments to capture in photography...I've never done a quilt patterned by Jan Patek, but I've been researching her works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those 2 together! What a great friendship. And once again you show one of my favorite of your quilts! In fact I talked about walnut crystals to someone last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You photo makes me wonder why everyone can't get along -- at least a little better than they do.
    The star quilt is great and would be wonderful in wools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the stars quilt. I'm getting so much inspiration from your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.