The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ode to Jan Patek

I wish my picture showed these colors better, but so it goes, this is a quilt I designed called Ode to Jan Patek, made several years ago using all Brannock & Patek fabrics I had collected and needle turn applique with so many of her folk art motifs and then hand quilted. The background is a striped green with lots of vintage fabrics. It's a four sided quilt since it looks different from each side, hangs on my ceiling. Almost had it in one of Jan's books, but it was too hard to photograph, she sent me a note that she felt very honored by the quilt.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quilt. I wish quilt shows would have more like yours to show. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask ... how do you display it from the ceiling? I'm just thinking of all the extra space I would have to display quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful quilt, and the other weekend I was at a quilt shop and they had some quilts on the ceiling and I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, I just use push pins to hold the quilts on the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.