The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sue Spargo's In Full Bloom



 
I'm able to share Sue Spargo's 2014 BOM, In Full Bloom since the book for this design will be available for sale on Sue's website on Friday.
 
 
Wool, cotton and velvet applique on wool backgrounds.
 

I finished the top this past Winter, but we were asked to wait to show our work until the book is published.
 

 
Love how it looks with the snow in the background.

 
Lots of embellishing with specialty threads.

 
Even some beading.

 
I adore Sue's creative genius and how she combines so many
 textures to complete such an awesome quilt.  Now to quilt it.



10 comments:

  1. oh nancy,that is fantastic,it looks quite big,too, good job,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sue is inspiring and the work you've done here, Lordy Lordy girl, you are an awesome appliquer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Plenty of bullion there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the whole piece, I've been wondering what it looked like with the taser Sue sent out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wondered about this, it's absolutely gorgeous! Worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely colors and they do come out beautifully in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No w THOSE are my colors! So beautiful. It must have been a joy to work on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:15 AM

    So beautiful. How in the world do you get it all done. You are such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's just amazing, love all the details!
    Stunning, just wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.