The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Emily Munroe Quilt...more Progress



 
I absolutely loved stitching this block.  There is so much detail in the houses and love the look of the nubby wool for the horse and dog.  Emily used satin for the yellow above the door.  I used velvet. I used wool paisley for the tiny door on the little house that I had left over from a purse that I had made years ago.

 
The little birds are so unique with their tiny black hats and wings. 

 
Love the horses flanking my favorite block.  These three blocks are the center of the next row and center the quilt for the main focal point.
 
 
Emily's stitching of this quilt certainly told a story.

10 comments:

  1. I love the house block, that was one I was thinking of doing and making it into a different type of wall quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why you enjoyed stitching the house block. Such a good design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three blocks look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making progress! They are beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear nancy,i love your blocks! happy stitching ,susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing progress... absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love hearing your progress. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning, what a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the house block too, but wow those horses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.