The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Primitive Angel Christmas Stocking

 I'm making a few of these primitive Christmas stockings for gifts, maybe one for myself.
I used linen thread to outline the applique.  It's a big stocking, about 20" from the top of the stocking to the bottom of the toe.
The pattern is from Jan's Angels book, 1995.  She has it for sale on her website.  I have collected the panels from that fabric line and have made a few pillows from it.  I also have pieces of it on my end tables for tablecloths.  The panels have such great primitive colors and images.  

10 comments:

  1. Love your stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! And look at your dining room chair. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stocking. They will make great gifts. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your stocking Nancy. I love Jan's patterns; they have such charm. I need to start collecting some

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year I want to go back to all the patterns I have been wanting to make and start doing one at a time. I do have that book and have used the angels in other projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is lovely, so different from all that red, white and green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful stocking ! Very counrty:)
    Have a good day, kisses from France!
    Mickaëla

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple years ago, I made stockings with some of Jan's designs (not the angel though) and used them for giving gifts in instead of wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am a big fan Jans creativity,.. She is so talented. This stocking is so sweet, I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that chair with the belts weaving to make the seat what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.