The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Again with the Prim Basket



                                        
I finished adding the last of the borders to the Big Primitive Basket.  I can set it aside now for quilting later, maybe I'll use the big stitch for the quilting.  
I was painting the wrought iron chairs yesterday and today and then hauling them from the back of the house to the front of the house and onto the deck, until I remembered I'm too old for this or too out of shape for this and stopped with one more chair to finish.   Anyway, the weather was very cool so the little marmot, can you see him on the rock, never ran from me walking back and forth, think he was enjoying the warmth from the sun.  The most he would do would be to flatten himself to the rock so I couldn't see him, so you really can't see him. Such funny little animals.
The best picture I could snap of the female elk today and this was after standing at the kitchen window for an hour, with my feet hurting from hauling those chairs.  Anyway, she wouldn't budge and I even cropped the pic hoping I could see if she's still pregnant, so it looks like she's closer, but she's further back on the hill looking down at the lower meadow which is the pic below. 

                                       

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful color quilt! And beautiful pictures of animals. As if I'm in the woods! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    The quilt looks great with the final border. We are having terrible weather for June so I'm like your Marmot looking for a little warm sun.
    Hugs, Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:04 AM

    The final border really sets off your basket quilt nicely. It's sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i too am finding my body hurts...especially the next day, always stuff to do tho. i love your prim basket quilt! and soon maybe a pic or to of a baby elk and mama! pet those kitties and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.