The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Monday, February 06, 2012

A Little Porch Time Wallhanging

My unfinished block from Lynda Hall's A Little Porch Time, wool applique on a brushed cotton background.  I decided I would finish it by making it into a wallhanging.  Remove the blue star.  Add a black moon and different stars.
Sewed some borders.  Tried not to wince as I cut the last border, a vintage Brannock and Patek fabric that I have had for years.  Needs a spot of color.
                     Audition some flying geese in the border, might need to
                         change that last "goose" in the right hand corner. 
                                                Doesn't suit me.
                         

17 comments:

  1. I love the changes you made, really makes it your own.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely wonderful and I like the red goose in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pieced border you added to the house block. I have only made one block from that quilt pattern but not the same as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. I love these blocks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    This block has been transformed, it's great.
    The geese really bring it alive, I see what you mean about the one on the righr it draws your eye too quickly. I'll be watching for any more changes.
    Hugs, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like what you're doing with the block. It's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love how they tell you what is 'right'? I always wait until my creation tells me it is happy to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the inspiration... I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nancy love your wall hanging and especially the changes you made to it. you have a great eye for color and love the geese and the way you placed them. enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Nancy, you've done it again! Beautiful, and I personally like the reddish goose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nancy! Love it!! Good vision :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you are bringing it together her, rally like your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it Nancy! The curling smoke from the chimney makes a nice invitation. Would just love to stop by that little house for a cup of coffee and a chat *s*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of wool applique on brushed cotton background for a rustic quilt. I love folk art so going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this block! Everything about it. Everything! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.