The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Snowman Mat Finished

The snowman mat is finished.  I used cheese cloth for his scarf, a safety pin to hold it in place and more not so rusty safety pins to hold the mat together in places.  A variegated gold perle cotton for the button hole stitching on the border.  I don't fret about making perfect stitches,  that's what so nice about primitive work.  I see an influence from Sue Spargo, the bird, doesn't every prim piece need a bird, and Lynda Hall, she stitches great snowmen, lots of other prim designers with their crooked trees, who wants a perfect tree, not even at Christmas, it all evolves to a process that influences what I make.

9 comments:

  1. Cheri back to larkrise2:31 PM

    Nancy,I love it!!!!!! I think the scarf make it stand out. I have been as busy as a elf making Christmas projects,I just got the newest primitive magazine love it! Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really cute I especially like the trees.
    I love primitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just cuteness I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet prim style snowman mat. I imagine you have lots of snow inspiration in your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really splendide !!
    You'll have a lovely house to accomodate "le Père Noël" .
    Good day, Mickaëla in France.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Well done! Well done! It's just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so neat! Love the little trees and the bird on the snowman's head is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nancy, WOW your snowman turned out fantastic. The folk Art trees and bird is a great addition to your mat. Love it. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.