The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Imperial Blooms Block completed, Grizzly Bear, updated

 Finished block 4, April of Sue's Imperial Blooms.  Seem to be picking up some speed on the embellishment stitches that I am not familiar with and not having to go back and look at Sue's instructions, like the bullion stitch. 
I added the blue shell beads instead of using wool.  Embellished the center with the bullion stitches all over the green wool instead of at the top, had thread left on the needle, why not use it.

And yet another grizzly mauling in the last week in the park.  The officials weren't sure if the man died first and then was mauled, but it looks like after the autopsy of the man that he died from a bear mauling.  This evening, I added this after just reading that they have trapped the bear,  a grizzly that returned to the site, checking the DNA of the bear for a match, doesn't make sense to me since a separate bear could have originally attacked the man and then the other bear came later. I'm sure they know what they are doing. Sad, in so many ways, we think we will always be safe, but life can change in the blink of an eye. The man was hiking alone without bear spray.  I think a company needs to donate bear spray and hand them out to all visitors entering the park, to increase their knowledge of just how dangerous a wildlife park like Yellowstone can be and the precautions that need to be taken for a safe, fun trip.

1 comment:

  1. It's terrible for this man.
    In France we have bears in Pyrénnées but a lot of people want to kill them. I'm not agree. We have to learn how live with these animals.
    Read you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.