The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A FEW PROJECTS





Gosh, I've lost September to work and resting as much as possible after work and the weekends so my back will heal, I don't want any set backs, sometimes I feel my clock is ticking way too fast and am missing out on the me part of my life, but that's the way it goes with work, and Jim's disability and finding time to do the heavy chores and leave just a little time to sew.

So, the first picture is of a black sweater that a friend wants me to make a purse out of for her, waiting on a black stabilizer from a friend, can't find that around here, since the purse will have alot of heavy applique and I don't want it to stretch, using that wool and some others that I'm also waiting on, don't tend to keep too much fabric or wool in pastels, for me, pastel is not prim, and the felted balls, she loves pastel with black.

The second picture is the block from Under the Stars that I finished awhile ago, had to use batting under the center circle to bring the fabric up to the level of the wool so it would look right, think I will work on another block today while watching college football, which Jim and I love.

And the last pic is of an old quilt pattern from Linda Brannock that I have been wanting for years and finally got it for next to nothing on Ebay.

6 comments:

  1. This from my Mom: "Glad you finally got the pattern. I enjoy reading your post and have for a very long time. Don't overdue it working on Flowers. Sincerely Linda Brannock p.s. I don't have a blog but my daughter does "a quilter awakens." Since that's me, I wanted to pass her message along, since I am the one guilty of putting her on "Reader" and she clicked "share" which makes her comment available to me. We learn more about Google every day. I love your work! Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like that pattern you got on ebay! That one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wools are beautiful and love the pattern you got.
    I get lucky sometimes and find good deals on ebay, you just have to hunt and keep your eyes open;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read with interest that you had to put some batting under the fabric to even it out with your wool. I would not have thought of that.

    I don't think I have ever seen the Linda Brannock pattern. I can see why you wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that Linda Brannock pattern and finished the top about 7 years ago. I just had it out this week and think it's about time that I quilt it and enjoy the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool projects. Very cool bear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.