The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mercer Lane

This is a BOM from Sue Spargo that I am working on, it's her 2006 BOM, she supplies all the wool, fabric, pattern and beads, so much fun and so out of the box in regards to primitive quilts.
The applique is all hand did, with wool threads, yarn with couching for stems, unholstery fabric for the weird flower center in the last block shown below, lots of embellishment and contrast with the layering of wool over fabric or vice versa.


All that is left is the borders, will receive that any day now.

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing Nancy! I just really love it! All the detail! That last block though, when I see the picture of just that block it looks like that that pineapple/flower thing has legs and feet!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding. I hope to put one of her BOMs on my list one day. I love the different fabrics and textures. Someday .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's great fun to do. I especially like Sue Spargo's little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, how gorgeous. Love Sue Spargo's designs. They are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really an amazing quilt to be Nancy..and all wool? Wow! Such great hand work..very nice job! Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling, such fun colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.