The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Wool Purse and Hat are Finished

I finished my wool purse based on Maggie Bonanomi's pattern that was in the Primitive Quilts & Projects Magazine.  This is the front.  I do get carried away with embellishing.
Such a great pattern.  This is the back with the wool closure folded over.  Have found that a magnet is not really needed to keep it in place.  If you place the straps just close enough in from the edge, it will hold the wool in place. 
The entire back folded out, yep, I do love to embellish on wool.  That Sue Spargo influence.  No surface left bare, or until your fingers start hurting.  I used the vintage fabric from Brannock & Patek for the lining, straps and also for the lining of the hat.
The hat.  Same embellishing and lining fabric with an embellishment stitch on the top of the hat.

I need, I must make myself draw up the pattern for the hat.  Will let you all know when I make myself do that.


 





16 comments:

  1. Over embellishing I think not!! I love it and think you did a cracking good job on both the hat AND the purse. Do you sell these? They are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embellishments are works of art. Love the hat. Want the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I am sooooo in love with this purse and hat---your embellishments are just perfection!! I would LOVE to know how you make your hats...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, Wow What a piece of art. I especially love the hat.So unique.Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just so impressive! I made myself go really slow as I pulled the picture up. It was like opening a package with treasures inside.
    I CAN hardly wait for the pattern and directions....I have so many plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wonderful, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy,
    The hat and purse are just wonderful. I really like the colours and the design.
    I can't wait for the hat pattern, it looks as though it will be very popular.
    Hugs, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing, true art. I love the pattern, love the shape of the bag and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the embellishments! Everything sewn on them is what makes them interesting and gives a final touch! Wow, another handmade done and so beautiful. Constance from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy-
    Beautiful work!! So, much work, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wool purse looks great....And the embellishments are wonderful!!
    I have question.I am looking for the pattern of a special quilt by Yoko Saito and now I found this marvellous quilt on your blog. You wrote that you got the pattern by a blogger from Spain. I looked at her blog,but she didn`t post since December.
    Would you be so kind to send me this pattern?? I`ll pay for it and other costs you have.
    Please let me know, if it is possible....I would be so happy .
    Best wishes
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now you need to model the purse and hat for us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel, I do sell the hats, but they have to be made special order to fit the size of your head.

    Constance, I make hats, but for myself, I only wear ski hats to keep my head warm or a baseball hat in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.